June 10, 2019
Content provided by: Department of Consumer & Regulatory Affairs
Permit Application Enhancements
The Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs (DCRA) is streamlining the construction permitting process starting with updates to the online building permit application. This will be the first of a series of enhancements geared towards improving the customer application submittal experience.
Effective June 29, 2019, the following are required for all building permit applications at the specified time noted below:
At application submission:
- Documentation supporting the estimated construction value
Before permit issuance:
- Contractor, subcontractor and registered design professional information
In addition, the following changes will be made to the permit application system in the June 2019 release:
- Editing capability for contractor, subcontractor and registered design professional information before and after application submission
- Automatically populated information that includes building age
- Elimination of redundant information in the “Green Building” section
- Statistical data gathering for Opportunity Zone financing and Affordable Housing Projects
- Elimination of the requirement to submit a brand new application for permit revisions
Stay tuned to learn of additional application enhancements to come. Click here for more information and frequently asked questions.
If you have any questions regarding this communication, please contact DCRA’s Customer Service Department at DCRACS@dc.gov. DCRA actively uses feedback to improve our delivery and services; please take a minute to share your feedback on how we performed in our last engagement. Subscribe to receive DCRA news and updates.